Before You Start
If you've chosen to use Google as your SAML identity provider, you'll need some information from Interana before you begin configuring the Interana application in Google. Your Interana team will provide you an ACS URL and an Entity ID that you will need for Google configuration.
This documentation will use the following inputs as examples, but make sure you use the actual inputs provided by your Interana team.
Example ACS URL: https://interana.yourcompany.com/api/saml/gsaml
Example Entity ID: https://interana.yourcompany.com/api/saml_metadata/gsaml
Once you have these URLs, you are ready to configure Interana in Google.
- Go to admin.google.com and sign in with your administrator credentials.
- Click "Apps"
- Click "SAML apps"
- Click "Add a service/App to your domain"
- At the bottom of the modal, click "SET UP MY OWN CUSTOM APP"
- Download IDP metadata. When you are done configuring SAML in Google, please send the metadata to your Interana team so that they can configure SAML on the Interana side. Then proceed.
- Give your App a name. It can be whatever you want. Then proceed.
- Here's the most important part. Place the ACS URL and Entity ID provided to you by your Interana team in their respective locations. Double check your inputs! Leave the default for everything else. Then proceed.
- On the Attribute Mapping page, click "FINISH".
- Your newly created App will default to OFF for everyone. Click on EDIT SERVICE to turn the app on for the users you wish to be able to log in to Interana.
Don't forget to send us your SAML Metadata! Once we have that, we can get everything hooked up on our side. We will work with you to plan a time to switch over to the new authentication flow and have someone on your team validate that everything is working properly.