This article shows the discovery paths of all users and demonstrates the ways in which you can drill into flow to analyze the results on a granular level.
Analyzing flow results
This task demonstrates the ways in which you can analyze flow results.
Prerequisite: successfully create a flow to generate results we'll use in the following task.
To analyze flow results, do the following:
- In 2.0 Create a flow, we received the following results.
- Hover the cursor over the path, to view details of the flow.
- Hover the cursor over a vertical bar for a step, to view the details for that step.
- Optional: Expand the Samples view to analyze the details of each path.
- For a granular view of events leading up to a movie purchase, click Explore in the left menu bar, choose the flow from the drop-down menu (in the first line of the query), then click the Sankey view icon at the top of the page.
- Select the step in the flow diagram and choose See events leading up to this state from the drop-down list. The diagram changes to display a granular view of all the events leading up to that step.
We received the following results for our example flow.
Now that you've created a basic flow and analyzed the results, you're ready to fine tune parameters and explore the data at a granular level.