Custom properties can be used as filters in your queries. Showing the Daily Active Users (DAU) is one of the ways used to measure success of a business web site or internet product. This article demonstrates how to build a custom actor property for a query that shows the daily active users.
This article demonstrates how to create a custom actor property that shows Daily Activity of users.
Build a custom actor property to show user daily activity
The custom actor property that we are building to show Daily Activity can be used in a query for showing daily active users.
To build a Daily Activity actor property, do the following:
- In the upper left corner of the window, select the dataset. In our example, we chose IA_MOVIES.
- In the left menu bar, click Actors, then in the upper right corner of the window click New Actor Property.
- Enter Daily Activity as the name for the property at the top of the page.
- On the Definition tab, select Actor user, then click the Show tab, and accept the defaults: Show count of events.
- In the second line of the query builder, select: Filtered to events with action that matches.
- Select the filtered to activities for the property. We chose browse_movie, watch_movie, or post_comment. Choose the activities appropriate for your dataset.
- Click add time options and accept the default of Trailing window: trailing 1 day.
- Click Save.
We received the following results for Daily Activity for users with our dataset.