Interana release 3.14 includes the following new features:
- Distribution view
- Query palette
- Advanced filters
- Live backups
- Dynamic time filtering
- Reorder labeled properties and flow steps
- Additional enhancements
Use distribution view to quickly create histograms of numeric actor, event, or flow properties to understand their distributions.
To distribute a property:
In the left menu bar, click Distribute.
Choose a property. Only numeric properties are available. Interana automatically suggests binning. To adjust bin size or number, click Modify Bins + Measure.
Click Go to quickly distribute the property.
By default, distribution view shows a simple count, but you can view other aggregations and measures as well. For example, if you select an event property named “age”, the default distribution is the number of events for different age buckets. But you can also change the measurement to “sum of price” to see the distribution of sales broken down by age buckets.
To zoom in, click on a bar. Try different aggregations and measures to understand the relationships between different properties.
In 3.14, distribution view is a Preview feature and is off by default. To enable distribution view in your cluster, contact your technical account manager.
To learn more about distribution view, see Analyze a distribution in the User's Guide.
The query palette is a faster way to create new properties and flows in your queries. You can create an object inline while you are constructing a query, rather than navigating away to create the property.
To use the query palette:
- Access the palette at the top of the query builder.
- Similar to a paint palette, the query palette arranges your newly created objects for easy access and editing.
Tips for using the query palette:
To clear the query palette, delete objects by clicking on the delete icon (when hovering). Or the palette is cleared when you start a new session, navigate away from the query builder, or refresh your page. To find past queries, use History or hit your browser Back button.
Objects in a query's palette are linked to the query and saved as part of the query. To revisit or reuse your objects, pin your query to a board or use the query ID (that is, the query URL).
- A green dot marks a palette that has properties or flows.
In 3.14, query palette is a Preview feature and is off by default. To enable query palette in your cluster, contact your technical account manager.
In Interana 3.14, using the expression builder, you can filter events at the start of a query using an arbitrary expression containing ANDs, ORs, or NOTs.
Filters in the expression builder support generic matches. For example:
- =MATCHES([action], “like”, “love”)
- =DOES_NOT_MATCH([action], “like”, “love”)
The filter expressions can include your event data or your lookup table data.
As of Interana 3.14, Interana software does not require the system to be down for a backup to be executed successfully! This means more uptime and fewer query interruptions.
Dynamic time filtering
In addition to an absolute date and time, you can now compare timestamps across actor, event, and flow properties. For example:
- You can create a filter for events with the timestamp (an event property) that is greater than User's Registration Date (an actor property).
- Or, you can start a flow with an actor property called User's first interaction, instead of starting the flow with a set time.
Reorder labeled properties and flow steps with drag and drop
You can now reorder either flow steps or criteria in a property that uses the label method. Change the order by dragging and dropping the steps.
Interana 3.14 includes the following additional enhancements:
- You can resize columns in lists of boards and properties throughout the user interface.
This release contains several bug fixes, as follows.
User interface and user experience improvements
The behavioral query language in() operator now correctly accepts one string (in addition to accepting multiple strings).
Several improvements have been made to behavior that previously caused the UI to fail or crash:
- Trending to a split by group in a sunburst or pie views.
- Deleting a copied board that had a board filter.
- Aggregating on an actor property.
Several improvements to UI appearance have been made:
- The trash can icon on filters is no longer cut off.
- Numerical values on the y-axis of a chart are more sane about using scientific notation or standard form notation.
Several improvements have been made to UI behavior:
- Shift + Enter now consistently runs queries in the event builder, actor builder, flow builder, retention view, and AB view (in addition to in Explore).
- Adjusting a time window and resolution now correctly persists when changing between time view and table view.
- The cursor now correctly displays on the name field in the Edge browser.
- Explore pages no longer show unnecessary scroll bars in the Edge browser.
Emailed boards improvements
A few improvements have been made to the emailed boards functionality:
- You can now see which of your saved email reports are paused without clicking into the reports.
- On the board email list view, paused reports are marked with a red dot.
- In Admin > Boards settings, use the linked number in the Email reports column to see an editable list of emails sent from that board.
- Sorting reports on the Boards setting page now returns fewer errors.
Interana 3.14 includes the following changes to improve performance:
- Measure and event property preview queries now look back over only one week instead of all time. This is consistent with the time ranges for actor property and flow property preview queries.
- Queries to populate data samples now run only when a user clicks on the Samples view. To find the Samples view:
- Click Explore.
- Hover over the visualization panel on the right side of the page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the visualization panel.