Being able to determine the number of actors in data sets of any size, rapidly is a basic requirement for most businesses today. You can determine the number of actors across all events over a set period of time in a number of ways.
This article demonstrates how to determine (show) the number (count) of actors over a set period of time.
Show a count of actors over a set period of time
Showing the number of actors over a set period of time is a basic query that does not require any custom built properties.
To show a count of actors over a set period of time, do the following:
- In the left menu bar, click Explore.
- In the upper left corner of the window, select the dataset. In our example, we chose IA_MOVIES_CHURN.
- n the first line of the query builder, accept the defaults Show count and select user (actors) from the drop-down list.
- In the second line of the query builder, accept the default: Filtered to all user actors.
- In the third line of the query builder, accept the default: Split by none.
- Specify the Starting time for the scan by: choosing an option from the drop-down list, clicking the calendar icon and selecting a date from the pop-up calendar, clicking inside the text field and entering the desired value. In our example, we entered a value of 180 days ago. For more information on how Interana handles time intervals, see Specify relative time in a query.
- For the Ending time, accept the default: now.
- Click GO. The query results appears in the window on the right. We received the following results for our query.