These Maintenance and Support terms and Conditions are part of and shall be subject to the Agreement, of which these terms and conditions, the Order Form, and the Interana EULA set forth at www.interana.com/r/EULA are a part, all of which govern Interana’s provision of the Support Level to the Customer. Capitalized terms not defined herein shall have the meanings set forth in the Agreement.
1. Access to Interana Maintenance and Support Services
Interana will provide Customer with Maintenance and Support according to the Support Level specified in the Order Form that references these Maintenance and Support Terms. Customer will only receive the support described in this document that corresponds to the Support Level set forth in the Interana EULA (as informed by any Order Form).
2. Support Levels and Services Matrix
Interana will provide the Maintenance and Support to Company according to the Support Level matrix below:
|Support Level||Telephone Support||Email Support||Community Forums & Documentation||Committed Response & Resolution Times||Software Updates||Remote Management Services|
|Managed Support||Business Hours||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Managed Basic Support||Business Hours||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
3. Business hours
Interana Support Business Hours are Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm US Pacific.
4. Email Support Address
Interana email support is available via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For so long as Customer is timely in the performance of its obligations under this Agreement and these Maintenance and Support terms, and has paid to Interana the corresponding Software License and Maintenance and Support Fees, Interana shall provide Customer with access to Updates of the Interana Software.
All support requests by Customer will be logged after which Interana will perform an initial diagnosis and determine as far as reasonably practical the source of any problem which may have led to the support request. All response and resolution times shall commence at the beginning of the next business day for support requests that are logged during non-business hours. The below table defines Support Request Priority Levels and the Guaranteed Response and Resolution Times for each Priority Level. These Committed Response and Resolution Times apply only to Support Levels identified in Section 2 as including Committed Response and Resolution Times.
|Priority||Description||Initial Response (business hours)||Initial Response (outside business hours)||Time to Temporary Plan||Time to Resolution Plan|
|1||A critical Issue with the Interana Software in which any of the following occur: the Interana Software is down, inoperable, inaccessible, unavailable, or severely limited to the customer.||1 hr||Support engineer on call||4 hrs from initial response||14 days from initial receipt|
|2||An Issue with the licensed software in which any of the following occur: the Interana Software is limited or degraded, functions are not performing properly, or the Interana Software has been interrupted but recovered, repeatedly.||4 hrs||4 hrs from start of next business day||96 hrs from initial response||30 days from initial response|
|3||A minor or cosmetic Issue with the Interana Software in which any of the following occur: the Issue is an irritant, affects nonessential functions, or has minimal impact to business operations; the Issue is localized or has isolated impact; the Issue is an operational nuisance; the Issue results in documentation errors.||1 business day||1 business day||14 days from initial response||90 days from initial response|
|4||A question about Interana Software usage or request for product enhancement.||1 business day||1 business day||None||None|
7. Bug fixing
Interana will investigate incident reports concerning suspected problems with Interana Software provided that (a) Customer sends Interana a written report, which includes evidence of the suspected Issue, and (b) the incident can be reproduced or reasonably confirmed by Interana. Interana will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly correct the Issue or provide a workaround to permit Customer to use the Interana Software substantially in conformance with the applicable Documentation. Should an Issue not be resolved quickly or for bugs that require further investigation, the procedures set forth in Section 6 of these Maintenance and Support terms and conditions shall be invoked to engage the appropriate resources
8. Escalation procedures
With regard to Issues submitted to Escalation Procedures, an action plan will be developed by the Interana support team and communicated to Customer. When an escalated Issue has been resolved, the request for assistance will be considered closed upon the mutual agreement of the parties, such agreement not to be unreasonably withheld, delayed or conditioned. An Issue will not be considered resolved until one of the following activities has been completed:
- a resolution to the problem is obtained to Customer's reasonable satisfaction;
- a computer software code change in the form of a patch or a new revision that corrects the problem without causing additional problems has been delivered to Customer, successfully installed and is working;
- a short term workaround is delivered and accepted by Customer, though such acceptance shall not absolve Interana from any obligation to provide a long term solution if required; or
- an engineering commitment is made, upon Customer's agreement, to correct the problem in a future release of the Interana Software.
9. Excluded services
Interana shall not be obligated to fix any Issue or problem:
- where the Interana Software is not used for its intended purpose; or
- where the Interana Software has been altered, damaged, modified or incorporated into other software in a manner not approved by Interana; or
- where the Interana Software is a release that is no longer supported by Interana; or
- which is caused by Customer's or a third party’s software or equipment or by Customer's negligence, abuse, misapplication, or use of the Interana Software other than as specified in the Documentation; or
- where fixing the problem would require changes to Customer's hardware.
If Interana determines that it has no obligation to fix the reported incident for one of the reasons stated above, the parties may, in their discretion, enter into a separate agreement authorizing Interana to provide additional services at a rate that is mutually agreed by the Parties.
10. Remote management services
Interana will perform Remote Management Services if Customer has a Support Level which includes them. These services include initial cluster implementation, post-implementation new data ingest configuration, change management, updates, monitoring, education and ongoing analytic collaboration subject to the limitations specified in the Order Form, Entitlements and Edition specifications at www.interana.com/r/editions.
11. Remote management service access
Customer acknowledges that performance by Interana of Remote Management Services require administrative and network access for Interana personnel and tools to the Customer hosting environment where Interana Software is deployed and agrees to provide such access as a condition of receiving such services. Customer also acknowledges that these services require Interana to monitor its software as installed in Customer hosting environment and agrees to allow such monitoring including the automated transfer of usage, performance, and error logging. Customer further acknowledges that these services require Interana to remotely update its software in the Customer hosting environment and agrees to allow such updates to take place at Interana's discretion.
Customer acknowledges that the installation of Updates may introduce Issues, performance problems or affect Customer’s data. Accordingly, Customer is encouraged to install Updates on test or staging systems to determine suitability for production use.
13. Term; Termination
Subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Maintenance and Support terms and conditions and the Agreement, and payment by Customer of the corresponding Fees, Maintenance and Support shall be provided to Customer during the period ending the earlier of the end of the applicable License Term, or the period specified in the corresponding Order Form.
14. End of Life Policy
Customer acknowledges that new features may be added to the Interana Software based on market demand and technological innovation. Accordingly, as Interana develops enhanced versions of the Interana Software, Interana may cease to maintain and support older versions. Interana will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify Customer of an Interana Software undergoing the transition from supported to unsupported status at least six (6) months in advance of an Interana Software Major Version end of life (“EOL”). Maintenance and Support will be available during such six (6) month period only in connection with an active Software License.
- “Issue” means an incident that investigation reveals is caused by the Interana Software’s failure to perform materially in accordance with the specifications set forth in the Documentation for such Interana Software. An incident will not be classified as an Issue if (a) the relevant Interana Software is not used for its intended purpose; (b) the incident is caused by Customer’s or a third party’s software or equipment (except to the extent Interana has incorporated or packaged such third party’s software or equipment in or with the Interana Software); or (c) the version of the Interana Software on which the Issue has purportedly occurred is not the most current version of such Interana Software made available to Customer under this Agreement.
- “Major Version” means a release of an Interana Software product or component thereof that implements a fundamental change in the software system philosophy and/or the software architecture, as determined by Interana in its sole discretion, typically identified by a change in the digit to the left of the decimal point of the product numbering convention (x.x) (e.g., Product 3.0 to Product 4.0).
- “Minor Release” means a change to the current version of an Interana Software product or a component thereof that does not constitute a Major Version, as determined by Interana in its sole discretion. A minor release may include, without limitation, new features, bug fixes, enhancements to the capability of an already partially supported feature, and is typically identified by a change in the digit to the right of the decimal point of the product numbering convention (x.x) (e.g., Product 3.1 to Product 3.2).
- “Maintenance Release” means a change to the current version of an Interana Software product or a component thereof that does not constitute a Major Version or Minor Release, as determined by Interana in its sole discretion. A maintenance release will generally include bug fixes only and is typically identified by a change in the digit to the right of the second decimal point of the product numbering convention (x.x.x) (e.g., Product 3.1 to 3.1.1).
- “Update” means a migration by an existing licensee to a Major Version, Minor Release, or Maintenance Release.