The Interana Admin Guide is intended for the Interana system administrators responsible for planning, installing, and maintaining Interana clusters. This guide is organized in the following categories:
- Planning your Interana deployment
- Installing Interana
- Adding data to your cluster
- Managing and administering Interana
Planning your Interana deployment
This document is recommended reading prior to deploying an Interana cluster.
- Planning your Interana deployment—provides information for planning an Interana deployment.
- Deployment planning checklist—provides a checklist of tasks (with topic links) for a successful Interana deployment.
What to think about before you add data—what to consider for optimum results with importing data into Interana.
Interana supports Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and VMware platforms. You can install Interana on a single-node or multi-node cluster on any of these platforms. The following topics are covered:
- Provision nodes—prepare nodes for an Interana cluster.
- Configuring Azure for Interana Managed Service clusters
- Install a sandbox test single-node cluster:
- Install a production cluster:
- Install the Interana CLI—install and configure the Interana command line interface (CLI).
Adding data to your cluster
- Log your data for interana—recommended practices for logging data for Interana.
- Transform your data before ingest—transform your data for optimized use with Interana.
- Transformer steps and examples—steps and examples for transforming your data.
- Intro to Lookup tables—what you need to know about lookup tables.
- Best Practices for Formatting Lookup Table Data—recommended guidelines for fomatting lookup table data.
- Adding data to an Interana cluster—add a single data file or by setting up a continuous data ingestion process.
- Ingest Wizard ~ how it works—a high-level view of the various tasks you can perform with the Ingest Wizard.
- Ingest Wizard walkthrough—step-by-step instructions for adding data with the Interana Ingest Wizard.
- Interana CLI ingest Quick Start—use the Interana CLI to ingest data.
- Configure streaming ingest—ingest a live stream of data into Interana from a web or cloud source.
- Configuring the Interana SDK for ingest—configure the Interana SDK to stream live data.
Managing and administering Interana
Once you have your Interana production cluster is up and running, there are tasks you'll perform to manage and administer the system and its users. The following topics are covered:
- Replace a self-signed certificate—replace a self-signed certificate with CA trusted certificate.
- Manage user roles—add and remove users, and assign user roles.
- Manage data rolloff and deletion—remove old data.
- Analyzing Interana logs—monitor Interana usage and performance with the Interana CLI.
- How to analyze Interana logs with Datadog—examples for monitoring Interana usage with the Datadog monitoring application.
- Resize a Cluster—grow or shrink the size of your cluster.
- Backup and restore a cluster—create a backup of an Interana installation, and initiate a restore from the backup.
- Create a support diagnostic file—create a diagnostic file for troubleshooting by Interana Customer Support.