The Interana Admin Guide is intended for the Interana system administrators responsible for planning, installing, and maintaining Interana clusters. This guide is organized in the following categories:
- Planning your Interana deployment
- Installing Interana
- Adding data to your cluster
- Managing and administering Interana
Planning your Interana deployment
This document is recommended reading prior to deploying an Interana cluster.
- Planning your Interana deployment—provides information for planning an Interana deployment.
- Deployment planning checklist—provides a checklist of tasks (with topic links) for a successful Interana deployment.
What to think about before you add data—what to consider for optimum results with importing data into Interana.
How to comply with GDPR—explains General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Interana's Privacy Purge feature.
Use the following tasks to install Interana on a single-node or multi-node cluster, on any platform running Ubuntu 14.0.4:
- Provision nodes—prepare nodes for an Interana cluster.
- Configuring Azure for Interana Managed Edition clusters
- Install a sandbox test single-node cluster:
- Install a production cluster:
- Install the Interana CLI—install and configure the Interana command line interface (CLI).
Adding data to your cluster
Use the following tasks to structure and transform data, then ingest into Interana:
- Best practices for logging data—recommended practices for logging data for Interana.
- Transform your data before ingest—transform your data for optimized use with Interana.
- Transformer steps and examples—steps and examples for transforming your data.
- Intro to Lookup tables—what you need to know about lookup tables.
- Best Practices for Formatting Lookup Table Data—recommended guidelines for fomatting lookup table data.
- How to set up an S3 bucket—how to configure an S3 bucket for efficient import of data into Interana.
- Adding data to an Interana cluster—add a single data file or by setting up a continuous data ingestion process.
- Ingest Wizard ~ how it works—a high-level view of the various tasks you can perform with the Ingest Wizard.
- Ingest Wizard walkthrough—step-by-step instructions for adding data with the Interana Ingest Wizard.
- Interana CLI ingest Quick Start—use the Interana CLI to ingest data.
- Configure streaming ingest—ingest a live stream of data into Interana from a web or cloud source.
- Configuring the Interana SDK for ingest—configure the Interana SDK to stream live data.
- Use Azure KeyVault in the Interana import pipeline—configure KeyVault to retrieve credentials to connect to the Azure Container.
- Configure AWS Kinesis for Interana ingest—create a Firehose delivery stream from AWS, and use the Interana SDK for ingest into Interana.
Managing and administering Interana
Use the following tasks to manage and administer the system and its users:
- Configure a custom landing page—change the landing page a user sees after logging into Interana.
- Replace a self-signed certificate—replace a self-signed certificate with CA trusted certificate.
- How to use other forms of authentication—how to configure Google auth, SAML auth, and Token auth for Interana.
- Manage user roles—add and remove users, and assign user roles.
- How to perform a privacy purge—protect the privacy of Interana users and users of services whose data resides in Interana.
- Add an admin email address and password—add an email address for an admin to receive system reports and alerts.
- How to change the query time zone with the CLI—change the cluster time zone to accommodate daylight savings time.
- How to change dashboard timezone offsets—update the time zone display in your Interana dashboards.
- How to add and modify ConfigDB settings—change, enable, or disable certain specified behaviors for an Interana instance.
- Troubleshooting overloaded string tiers—check string nodes for memory and disk space.
- How to delete data from an overloaded string tier—procedure for deleting data from an overloaded string tier.
- Balancing data for effective sampling—detect whale users and disperse the disproportionate data for effective sampling.
- Manage data rolloff and deletion—remove old data.
- Selective data deletion—selectively delete data based on specified filter criteria, such as time range, actor, or event type.
- Analyzing Interana logs—monitor Interana usage and performance with the Interana CLI.
- How to analyze Interana logs with Datadog—examples for monitoring Interana usage with the Datadog monitoring application.
- Resize a Cluster—grow or shrink the size of your cluster.
- Backup and restore a cluster—create a backup of an Interana installation, and initiate a restore from the backup.
- Create a support diagnostic file—create a diagnostic file for troubleshooting by Interana Customer Support.