Why use an authentication provider?
Some Interana users like to use an authentication provider instead of the standard Interana password authentication flow. The benefits of using an auth provider include exercising more control over which users in your organization can register for Interana and providing a single sign-on method for Interana and other applications you use.
Before you start...
Make sure you've spoken with your customer success manager to determine which authentication provider best fits your needs. Your CSM will also give you two pieces of information that you will need before you start: the Sign-On URL and the Audience URL.
Now you're ready to set up your OneLogin authentication application!
1. Open the Login Admin Portal
2. At the top, click Apps, then select Add Apps
3. Use the search bar to find "SAML Test Connector (SP)," then click on its icon.
4. On the Configuration screen, give your OneLogin application a name (any name you want!), then click Save.
5. You will now see a new set of screens. Click the Configuration tab again.
6. You will be prompted to enter information about the application. Please leave everything as the default except the following fields:
a. Relay State: leave this blank
b. Audience: enter the Audience URL from your CSM
c. Recipient: enter the Sign-On URL from your CSM
d. ACS (Consumer) URL Validator: enter a regular expression that matches the Sign-On URL. See OneLogin's help article for guidance.
e. ACS (Consumer) URL: enter the Sign-On URL from your CSM
f. Login URL: enter the Sign-On URL from your CSM
7. Click Save
8. Click on the SSO Tab
9. Copy the Issuer URL and send it to your CSM or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Now you can go ahead and assign users to your application.
Don't forget to send us your Issuer URL! Once we have that, we can get everything hooked up on our side. We will work with you to plan a time to switch over to the new authentication flow and have someone on your team validate that everything is working properly.