You can modify a query in the following ways:
Modify a query from Explore view
This section demonstrates how to use Explore view to modify the query you constructed to create a board and add a panel, and discover how many actors there were over the last 180 days.
When you modify a query in Explore view, you can pin the new query to your board as a new panel while retaining the original query.
To modify a query in Explore view, do the following:
- From the board you created, click Explore in the left navigation panel. The details for the query you created appear on the left.
- For Show count, select an actor from the drop-down list. In this example, our actor field is named user. Filtered to automatically changes to all user actors.
- Leave the Split by none setting as is.
- Click the Starting text, enter 180 days ago, and accept Ending now.
A trailing window (the default is 1 day) specifies how far back from each data point's end time Interana should look when aggregating over events. We did not specify a trailing window for this example.
- Click GO to validate the query, then click the pin icon to pin the query to a board as a new panel.
Modify a query from a panel
This section demonstrates how to modify the query you used to create a board and add a panel, directly from the panel and discover the number of sessions that reached a 30 minute timeout over the last 180 days.
When you modify a query in a panel you can save the resulting query, but it replaces the original query panel with the newly modified query.
To modify a query from a panel, do the following:
- Make sure the dataset you used to create a board and add a panel is selected. In our example, we chose the movies dataset.
- From the board you created, click the gear icon in the bottom right corner of the query panel to open the slider.
- Click the Edit icon that appears in the menu bar on the left.
You are taken to Explore view, showing the query on the left.
- Next to Show count, select action from the drop-down list.
- Next to Filter to, select Session (30 minute timeout), and leave the default reached state in session.
- Leave the Split by none settings as is.
- Select the Starting text, enter 180 days ago, and accept Ending now.
- Click GO to run query, then click Save at the top to save the modifications.