A single node cluster has the following Interana nodes installed on one device:
- config node — Node from which you administer the cluster. MySQL database (DB) is only installed on this node for storage of Interana metadata. Configure this node first.
- API node — Serves Interana application, merges results of queries from data and string nodes, and then presents those results. Nginx is only installed on the api node.
- import node — Polls data repositories (S3, Azure, local file system), downloads new files, processes the data and then sends to data and string tiers, as appropriate.
- data node — Data storage, must have enough space to accommodate all events and stream simultaneous query results.
- string node — String storage for the active strings in the dataset, stored in compressed format. Requires sufficient memory to hold the working set of strings accessed during queries.
- API node
- config node
- data node
- import node
- string node